Wednesday 10 October 2012

Teaching Writing Skills Using Videos

    
          My group were assigned to come up with new lesson plan which is by integrating videos to teach writing skills. The objective of this task is to come up with a lesson plan which is fun and interesting. My group members are Stennia, Madiey, Nabila Hamdan, Saleha and I, myself had proposed our videos yesterday on the way to teach writing skills. Each and every member came up with a video.As a member of the group, I also had come up with the idea of using an advertisement to teach writing skills. The normal question that may arise `how is that done?’ For my part, I just mute the advertisement video.

       Later, the students are required to observe the facial expressions and gestures of the actor and actress and describe on what they see. However Miss Yoon suggested that writing a descriptive essay must be hard for the students. Instead of asking the students to write the descriptive essay, it is best to ask them to write dialogues. By applying this method, the students will learn the format of the dialogue and at the same time, they will find it fun and interesting to learn. Don’t you think so?




Best of luck to those who wanted to apply this method to teach writing skills. :)

No comments: